TMJ stands for a medical term: temporomandibular joints. These are the joints and jaw muscles that function when opening and closing your mouth. When this structure is damaged or out of alignment, which affects about 25 percent of the population, a range of uncomfortable symptoms can result, including:
- Constant headaches
- Sinus pain
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Pressure sensation behind the eyes
- Clicking or popping in jaw motion
- Painful sensation when yawning, chewing, or widely opening the mouth
- Jaws that get stuck or locked
- Tender sensation in jaw muscle
We at InstaSmiles Dentistry help patients resolve the painful symptoms associated with TMJ disorder.
Call us today to schedule an appointment!