Post-Operative Instructions for Invisalign
Invisalign clear aligners fit your life — they don’t interrupt it. And at every stage, you’ll be able to see your progress and enjoy your smile as it transforms
Keep eating all your favorite foods.
Stay active in all the sports and activities you love.
Keep brushing and flossing just as you normally do, with no brackets or wires to get in the way.
You’ll experience fewer emergency visits, without the hassle of brackets and wires breaking.
Your Invisalign clear aligners are virtually invisible, so people may not even notice you’re wearing them.
Wearing Your Aligner
You’ll be ready for anything, from movie night to coffee with friends. Just take your aligners out to eat and drink, then brush your teeth before putting them back in.
Wear your Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for best results.
Parents, your teen’s aligners will have blue compliance indicators to assure you they’re wearing them enough.
Getting New Sets of Aligners
- You’ll wear each set of aligners for one to two weeks, as prescribed by your doctor.
- You’ll probably schedule check-ups every six to eight weeks to check your progress and pick up the next batch of aligners. Fewer doctor visits mean more time to enjoy life.
- When you start wearing each new set of aligners, you may feel a little extra pressure or discomfort for the first few days, which is totally normal.
Cleaning Your Aligners
- Rinse your aligners every night and brush them gently with your toothbrush to keep them fresh and clean.
- Use the Invisalign cleaning system to keep your aligners clear.
Call us with any questions at 469 498 4445!